What: “Last week IBM announced a new software portfolio that is the clearest indication yet that social media has truly changed the business landscape.”
IBM® Customer Experience Suite is a flexible, comprehensive offering that helps organizations create highly engaging, personalized, and differentiated web experiences that meet the evolving needs of today’s customer.
- Drive revenue & increase brand loyalty with enhanced web experiences that include native social & mobile capabilities
- Improve customer satisfaction & reduce costs through online self-service that’s quick and easy to use
- Deliver greater flexibility & drive incremental value by creating personalized web experiences that seamlessly combine back-end applications, commerce solutions, social media sites, and cloud-based services
Why: “Recognizing how simple it is to publish on the web today, IBM aims to make their social software tools as easy to use as social networks like Facebook. Acknowledging the early adoption of social technology by kids, Schick [Jeffrey Schick, IBM’s VP of Social Software] noted, “now I say this stuff is so easy us old people can use it!” This simplicity of use has fundamental implications for business, “making a tremendous difference in the way that people can collaborate and share information,” added Schick.”
Full article at Fast Company here.
IBM’s Customer Experience Suite here.
- Can IBM Compete With Facebook In Social Media? (blogs.forbes.com)
- 2010 Update on IBM Social Software Efforts: Part One (billives.typepad.com)